Our vision is to be the leading educators in the Igbo language along with preserving the culture of the Ibo people. In the near future we want to expand to other cities across the United States along with providing education outlets such as an interactive interface where student’s can learn the Igbo language on their own.
How We Are Impacting Our Community
Express Igbo Language Boot Camp
There are many young, ambitious Igbo Men and Women in the DC Metro Area who are hungry to learn the language of their parents, connect with their cultural roots and potentially become a part of the presently-expanding growth and developing happening in their ancestral home.
The purpose of this 8-week Igbo Boot Camp is to bridge the educational and cultural gap between this growing population and their family; from cousins and grandparents in the village to their parents in the diaspora.
Our hope is that by the end of the summer, the graduates of the Express Igbo Language Class will be able to:
- engage in conversational Igbo
- learn hundreds of new Igbo words and phrases
- understand the structure of the language
- know how to recite the Igbo alphabet and numbers
- know how to write special characters in Igbo
- feel confidence and joy in their ability to engage with other Igbo speakers in their ancestral language